Hello. My name is Michael Plummer, the founder of Our Town America.
It was in 1972, while running a retail business, that I discovered the power of welcoming my new neighbors. It, as all of the other media I attempted, had its flaws. However, it didn’t take long for me to realize the unparalleled, long-term benefit of reaching out to people while they were in the midst of adjusting to their new surroundings.
I did this by inviting them in with a genuine, one time gift. The results were simple to measure: they tried my food. From that point on I continued to see many of the same faces return time after time — with no need for further advertising. Just good food and great service kept them coming back. The math was easy. My investment of less than a dollar resulted in bringing in a family worth hundreds of dollars every year.
Over 30 years later, businesses still struggle to find new customers. And there are a lot more ways to reach people. Our simple, yet powerful, concept of Inviting New Movers into a business still works more effectively than all of the others. Getting people in your doors to experience what you have to offer is still all that matters. Our Town America does that by reaching your most likely future customers — your new neighbors.
The only thing that has changed since 1972 is our distribution process. We’ve grown from welcoming a few hundred new families each month, to introducing over 6 million people per year to local businesses. Despite the necessary changes and innovation to keep up with our fast-paced growth, we maintain the highest integrity and quality in all aspects of our program.
Our two-fold mission has remained the same after 45 years: 1) to help new movers adjust and feel welcomed into their community by recommending local reputable businesses, and 2) to help local business sponsors reach a new audience of new movers every month, resulting in new loyal and long-term customers every month.
Meet Our Corporate Executive Team
Michael Plummer Jr.
National Sales Manager
Director of Services
National Insert & Billing Manager
Marketing / PR Executive
Appointment Setting Manager
Sponsor Services Manager
Director of Operations
Our Town America Key Facts
A Quick Glimpse of Our Process…
How We Acquire New Mover Names
We are provided with millions of new mover names every month. We then run them through exhaustive confirmations using our proprietary software. This system eliminates duplication and other names that may have slipped into the list by error. We don’t use our list until we feel absolutely confident that we have the best new mover list possible.
Producing Your Gift Certificates
Our 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art-facility allows us to handle every aspect of producing your certificates. From designing the graphics, to getting them into the hands of the highest potential audience available.
Distributing to Your Neighbors
Our genuine Welcome Package is delivered to each new mover by the United States Postal Service. This approach allows us to reach more new families on a timely and consistent basis without repeated attempts. Our Welcome Package is far from a bother, as each enclosed gift certificate is a proven offer — not a coupon.
Serving Our Local Business Sponsors
Our proprietary software allows us to provide feedback from the people who have visited your business. This lets us know how the new movers feel about the quality of our Local Business Sponsors and to learn what else they may need. It also provides our Local Business Sponsors with valuable information from the customer about what they are doing right AND wrong.
Our Town America Throughout the Years
We have been helping movers adjust to their new communities and assisting local businesses in gaining loyal customers since 1972. Today, we are one of the largest independent New Mover Marketing companies in the country and a recognized industry leader. Our proprietary, state-of-the-art technology give us unparalleled direct mailing accuracy, customized distribution, personalized Welcome Packages and Gift Certificates with targeted tracking for direct-response customer feedback. We are headquartered in Clearwater, Florida.
- 45-Year Anniversary Celebrated with a New Look!
- New, modern look to the tried & true Welcome Package
- New look to the Gift Certificates sent to new movers
- Topping Franchise Business Review Charts
- 2017 #1 Advertising & Sales Franchise
- 2017 #1 in Small Class Category (under 65 units)
- All-Time Top Company
- Business Observer Gulf Coast Top 500 Company
- Updated TruTrak™ Mobile Application
- Enhanced on-the-spot Scanning
- Demographic Targeting & Budget Billing
- Target by Neighborhood or Zip Code
- Target Homes or Apartments
- Budget and Dynamic Billing
- New Postcard Campaign Options
- EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail) – 4 Unique Targeting Options, 5 Size Options
- Award-worthy Franchisee Satisfaction
- Franchise Business Review all-time Top Company Award
- Inducted into the Franchise Business Review 10-year Hall of Fame
- Surpassed the 50 Unit category breaking into 2015 with 6 new franchises in January 2015
- 2014 Business Observer’s Gulf Coast Top 500 Company
- Positive Postings™ Security & Tracking Enhancements
- E-Survey Comments Posted On Your Facebook Wall
- TruTrak™ Mobile Application
- Embedded Security Features
- Customized Web Portal
- View Live Information
- E-surveys & Activity on Your Account.
- Market Segmentation Sociological, Demographic, Psychographic & Geographic Sponsor Data Management Target Towards New Businesses.
- Intuitive Marketing™ Mailings
- Intuitive Marketing Program: Oversized, full-color postcards designed and directed to your current customers, special moments; Birthdays, Anniversaries, Reminders, etc.
- New Customer Acquisition. The possibilities are endless AND all as easy as a phone call or email away. Like we say here at Our Town America, turnkey!
- Technology Advances Continue
- MFSA 1st Place Award
- Loyalty Program – 2nd Tier Mailing After Welcome
- Thank You Program taking you to the next level with a Thank You and inviting new movers back again. MFSA 1st Place National Award for inventive Problem Solving
- Solutions involving variable data printing solutions.
- National Franchising Launched
- Our Town America launches its national franchising across the country.
- Another Industry Landmark!
- Detailed Analysis of Response from Movers, Our E-Survey!
- Our Town America begins moving digital.
- Industry Shaking Improvements!
- Zip Code Select
- Gift Magnet
- Dwelling Selects
- New mover response information features that our local business sponsors need and that serve the families more effectively AND efficient pricing.
- Our Town America relocates to St. Petersburg, Florida and moves in to office space on Central Avenue.
- Alternate distribution methods were tested, from UPS delivery to Solo Mail, to provide local businesses greater distribution and more personalization.
- Our Town America begins using the United States Postal Service as its method of distribution, leading the industry into a more efficient means of welcoming families.