Time Warner Cable News Central NC (May 2016) – May’s National Moving Month kicks off the busiest moving season of the year. North Carolina cities, such as Charlotte and Raleigh are among the nation’s leaders in local moves, Raleigh ranked the #4 Fastest Growing City by FORBES and the #4 Best Place to Live by US News and World Report, and Charlotte ranked the #3 most attractive real estate market in the nation as reported by a local Charlotte New station.
While moving can be exciting, it’s also one of the most stressful times for children. A study by the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology finds kids who stress over moving often have lingering problems in adulthood. That’s why Our Town America and local Raleigh franchise owner, Bassam Safi, have created the “Kids Comfort Moving Kit”- a stress-busting box of goodies that keeps kids upbeat and optimistic on the trip to their new home.
The ‘Kids Comfort Moving Kit’ will give kids access to their favorite things and remind them they really aren’t leaving it all behind.”
- Build the Box – Get your kids involved with the packing process. Show them how to build moving boxes and let them choose their own special moving box. This gives them ownership of part of the moving effort!
- Bust Out the Crayons and Finger-paint – Inspire your kids to decorate their box. They can color their favorite scenes/memories from their hometown, taping on print-outs of their favorite athletes or actors, and adding some fun stickers.
- Bring a Special Friend – Make sure their box has room for a special friend like their beloved Teddy Bear or blanket. Bring bear’s favorite outfits and snacks.
- Pack Photos to Re-Live Favorite Memories – Remind them that home is where the heart is and they’ll be able to make new unforgettable family memories in their new town. Pack favorite candid shots and fun moments from family trips to get them excited about all new adventures on the horizon – including this move!
- “Five for the Ride” Help them choose the 5 things they simply can’t go without during the ride. Make sure those favorite games, books, snacks, etc. make their way into the comfort kit so they bring along the essentials!
- And Celebrate with Some Fun! – Reward your kids for doing such a great job with the move when you get to your new home by taking them out for pizza or over to the amusement park. Check your mailbox when you get to your new home…Our Town America will be sending gifts from local businesses that may help you treat your family for free!
Source: Time Warner Cable News Central NCBuilding Kids Comfort Moving Kit for National Moving Month
Brittany is the head of Our Town America’s corporate marketing department. She specializes in digital and print media, social media, and public relations.