Idaho Matters Podcast (June 2019) – According to a new national survey commissioned by Our Town America, the nation’s leading new mover marketing franchise, Millennials aren't quite as co-dependent as many once chalked them up to be. As it turns out, they're actually maturing into adulthood pretty nicely, and prioritizing rather common wants and needs when moving to a new city. Factors like better jobs, higher pay, and benefits have become important to Millennials.
Scot and Amy Hecht, Our Town America Franchise Owners in Boise, Idaho, guest star on the Idaho Matters Podcast to discuss survey findings from 650+ Millennial new movers (men and women born between 1981 and 1996). Boise ranked high on the list of desired cities to live in, and it's no question why!
Listen to the Idaho Matters Podcast to gain insight on survey findings.
Some main takeaways that explain just why Boise is a top destination?
- 59.7% of people choose their dream city based off of good scenery.
- Boise is a great place for an outdoor lover, as it's filled with rivers, mountains, canyons, deserts, and lakes.
- 39.9% of people select their current residence based on price.
- Boise is ranked #17 out of 125 as a Best Place to Live in the USA by U.S. News. Boise's affordability is one of its most attractive qualities, particularly when it comes to housing costs.
- 66.1% of people attend concerts and 26.7% attend plays and musicals.
- Boise is a cultural hub for jazz music and theater. Many popular music festivals are hosted by the city to remember some of the many famous jazz legends, such as Gene Harris.
- 24.8% said that their dream city has an easy daily commute.
- Boise’s average commute time is 22 minutes, which is 4.4 minutes less than the national average, allowing individuals to spend less time in traffic and more time doing what they love.
*Please cite Our Town America as the source for this survey.
*This online survey of 652 men and women was conducted by a third party and commissioned by Our Town America.
*Survey participants have no affiliation with Our Town America.
About Our Town America
For 47 years, Our Town America has been providing new movers with traditional hospitality by mailing warm housewarming gifts from local neighborhood businesses in a premium welcome package. Since the company started franchising in 2005, Our Town America has consistently been placed in the Franchise Top 50, ranking top in their category for franchisee satisfaction.
Our Town America’s dedication to the “sponsor exclusivity” concept, meaning Our Town America will only recommend one of each business type in any specific zip code within its welcome packages, has been one of the key catalysts for the company’s long-term success. In addition, sponsors consistently rave about other unique aspects of the new mover marketing program – such as their ability to reach a brand-new audience of impressionable new movers each month and the insightful data/metrics delivered by Our Town America’s innovative pinpoint tracking system.
Due in large part to Our Town America’s devotion to those concepts, thousands of satisfied business owners throughout the United States attest to the success and effectiveness of the program. Additionally, dozens of locally owned franchisees validate Our Town America’s concept as a viable business opportunity.
It is Our Town America’s mission to assist new movers adjusting to their community, help businesses gain new and loyal customers and provide franchisees with an excellent opportunity. The eight million households who receive Our Town America’s welcome packages each year prove that Our Town America is committed to following through on that mission statement.
For more information, visit the Our Town America website at https://www.ourtownamerica.com or call 1-800-497-8360.